Parking lot rehab project begins Monday
Six week project will resurface eight City parking lots
The City of Merced Parking Authority and Engineering Department will begin construction of the Merced Downtown Public Parking Improvement Project on Monday, Sept. 21, and will begin in phases for the next six weeks.
Avison Construction was awarded the $221,510 project that will rehabilitate City parking lots and will include new pavement resurfacing, slurry and crack seal surfaces in these Downtown areas:
- Parking Lot 1, 18th Street between 'M' and Canal
- Parking Lot 5, 16th and 'M' Street
- Parking Lot 6, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Main Street
- Parking Lot 7, Main Street between 'K' and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Parking Lot 8, Main Street between 'K' and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Parking Lot 9, 16th Street and Canal
- Parking Lot 10, Canal and 16th Street
- Parking Lot 11, 'K' Street and 18th Street
Throughout the project the adjacent streets will remain open to traffic, and businesses will be open to serve their customers as usual. Patrons are encouraged to continue shopping and dining at their favorite downtown businesses.
We apologize for any trouble the project creates.
To obtain additional information, or to ask any other questions, please contact Joel Svendsen, Associate Engineer at (209) 385-6820 or Karen Baker, Development Associate at (209) 724-8105.