City of Merced
Gateway to Yosemite
Please read all instructions before you fill out your offense report:

For a crime in progress, dial 9-1-1

  1. You may only report incidents that occurred in the City of Merced . If the offense you are reporting occurred in another jurisdiction, please contact the appropriate police or sheriff’s department.

    Contact information for crimes that occured in Merced County :
    Merced County Sheriff's Department
    700 W 22nd St
    Merced, CA 95340
    (209) 385-7444

  2. If this crime occurred on the UCMerced campus, please contact the UC Merced Police Department.
  3. Please use one online report form per incident.
  4. Please fill out the online form in its entirety. Be specific when describing damage or property. Include the make, model, license plate, and serial number of any vehicle or piece of property.
    For bicycle theft reports indicate whether bike is Girls/Boys, Speeds, Wheel Size, Brand, and Serial Number. Include any distinguishing marks or equipment.
  5. If you have suspect information, please include it on the offense report. A police employee will contact you if additional information or statements are needed.
  6. You cannot use this form to report traffic collisions or hit and runs. Please call the police department (209) 385-6912 to report those collisions.
  7. If you need further assistance, you may call the Merced Police Department business line at (209) 385-6912.
  8. Once your crime report has been submitted to the Merced Police Department a case/report number will be assigned. The case and/or event number will be mailed or e-mailed to you within 3-5 days. Once you have been assigned a case/event number you can request a copy of the official police report by completing a Report Copy Request.
  9. If items that are lost or stolen include Credit Cards, Checkbooks or Personal Identification, we encourage you to submit this online report as well as contact the appropriate agency(s) as soon as possible for instructions and information on how to protect yourself.
    Click for more Financial Crimes information
  10. If you would like to report your crime or incident in person, please go to the Merced Police Station:
    Merced Police Department
    611 W. 22nd Street
    Merced, CA 95340
    (209) 385-6912

  • Theft from a Vehicle, Home or Business- The unlawful taking of the personal property of another including checks or credit cards. No forced entry.
  • Vandalism or Graffiti- Malicious mischief or damage done to your property. I.E.- House, Fence, Vehicle, Etc.
  • Lost Property - Property that is missing or that you left somewhere and it is not known if the property was taken or lost.

Knowingly submitting a false Crime Report is a misdemeanor under the State Penal Code (and can bring up to a year in jail).
Copyright © 2006. City of Merced