Please note that as of January 3, 2012, the Merced Vision 2015 General Plan (adopted in 1997) was replaced by the Merced Vision 2030 General Plan, which was adopted by the City Council on January 3, 2012. Please refer to the Merced Vision 2030 General Plan Adoption page for information on the General Plan adoption and environmental review process, which ran from 2005 to 2012. The 1997 General Plan web pages have been deleted, however, copies of the Merced Vision 2015 General Plan will be retained by the City if anyone wishes to obtain a copy for historic purposes. Please contact the City Planning Division at (209) 385-6858 for more information.
The Merced Vision 2030 General Plan was adopted on January 3, 2012, by the Merced City Council. The General Plan serves as a blueprint for growth and development in the City of Merced. The Executive Summary of the Merced Vision 2030 General Plan provides an overview of the document, which can be downloaded below. For those who would like to view the entire document, it is available below. Please note that the General Plan document is very large so to make it easier to download, the document has been broken down into chapters. Printed copies are available for purchase. Please contact the Planning Division at (209) 385-6858 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. A copy of the adopted Land Use Diagram as of January 2012 is also available below.
The General Plan is a living document and is amended from time to time. The Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) maintains a current copy of the City's General Plan Land Use Diagram. A list of General Plan Amendments (when there are amendments) will also be available for download below. Please note that the General Plan can be amended up to four times a year, so please contact the Planning Division at (209) 385-6858 prior to buying or selling property based on the information contained in these documents in case there are amendments not yet reflected here.
General Plan Chapters
- Merced Vision 2030 General Plan Cover, Title Pages, & Table of Contents
- Executive Summary - Amended April 2015
- 1 - Introduction
- 2 - Urban Expansion - Amended April 2015
- 3 - Land Use - Amended April 2015
- 4 - Transportation & Circulation - Amended May 2014 & April 2015
- 5 - Public Services - Amended May 2017
- 6 - Urban Design
- 7 - Open Space - Amended June 2016
- 8 - Sustainable Dev
- 9 - Housing - Amended July 2016
- 10 - Noise
- 11 - Safety - Amended March 2015 & June 2016
- 12 - Glossary of Terms
- 13 - Bibliography
- 14 - Policy Index - Amended March 2015
- 15 - Planning Commission & City Council Resolutions
- Fig 2.3 - Land Use Diagram (Adopted January 3, 2012 - Amended April 2015)
- Appendix A - General Plan Amendments as of April 2019