- The Merced Housing Division provided 14 first time home buyer loans to residents of the city of Merced, allowing them to purchase their own home for the first time.
- The Merced Housing division was able to fund the rehabilitation of 4 homes, this rehabilitation includes repairs such as sewer and water line replacement, re-roofs, and HVAC installation or repair.
- Since 2003, the City has assisted in the funding to help construct over 400 affordable housing units.
- The Merced Housing Division partially funded 30 Fair Housing workshops throughout Merced with a total of 272 people attending.
Planning for the Future
- The Merced Housing Division provided a total of $105,000 in funding to the Development Services Division of Merced.
- The Merced Housing Division invested a total of $168,500 of CDBG funds to provide approximately 25% of the total funding needed for six police officers for the creation of a Gang Violence Suppression Unit (GVSU). The GVSU recorded approximately 450 arrests with over 50% of those arrested being validated gang members.
Housing Projects 2011
For more information please view our 2011 CAPER.