The Utility Billing Division of the Finance Department is responsible for producing bills, processing payments and providing customer service for utility accounts. The Division can be reached by calling (209) 385-6841.
Utility services include water, sewer and garbage. The City of Merced has approximately 20,000 customers that are billed in two different billing groups.
To start services please call 209-385-6841. If you are a renter you will need to bring your rental or lease agreement, a photo ID and a 3 month deposit to our office to start your account.
For large refuse containers please contact Public Works at 209-385-6800.
- Watering Schedule
- Recycling List
- Water Meter Information
- Procedure and Notice Requirements for Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Nonpayment
Bill Payment Options
If you pay online through Municipal Services Online and are receiving an error message, click on Tools on the tool bar or the gear in the upper right corner. Look for Compatibility View Settings and then add the website, cityofmerced.org. The website should now display correctly.
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover - no fee) at the counter or at Municipal Services On Line.
- Cash at the counter
- By check at the counter, in the drop-box, or by mail
- Debit card (with Visa or MasterCard logo only - no fee) at the counter.
- Auto Pay Direct Debit automatically from your bank account each billing (no fee)
- Credit Card by phone by calling 209-388-7289
Rates for services are located in the Merced Municipal Code
Refuse rates are in Title 8 Health & Safety – section 8.04.023
Metered Water Rates are in Title 15 Public Service -- section 15.36.070
Flat Water Rates are in Title 15 Public Service – section 15.36.050
Single Family Sewer Rates are in Title 15 Public Service – section 15.12.030
Multi Family Sewer Rates are in Title 15 Public Service – section 15.12.040
Commercial Sewer Rates are in Title 15 Public Service – section 15.12.070