Review each of the sections below for more information about Open Enrollment, benefits offered as part of the City of Merced's Cafeteria Plan, and dates to remember. If you have any questions about Open Enrollment, or this website, please contact the Insurance Department.
Our Open Enrollment platform will be administered by Benefit Coordinators Corporation (BCC) for the 2020 plan year. You will be able to access this system from your work, or home, computer. A PowerPoint presentation providing an overview of the enrollment process will be posted to this website when Open Enrollment begins.
We are participating in what is known as a soft open enrollment. This means you do not have to participate in open enrollment if you do not wish to make changes to your health care benefits.
Flexible Spending (FSA), if you wish to participate in FSA during the 2020 Plan Year you must complete your enrollment through the Benxcel Open Enrollment Platform.
Dates to Remember
- October 7th - October 25th: Open Enrollment Period
- October 10th: Flu Shot Clinic and Health Fair in Sam Pipes Conference Room 11:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M
- Open Enrollment Meetings
Open Enrollment Handouts and Information
- 2020 Open Enrollment Instructions
- How to read your Confirmation Statement
- 2020 Active Employee Benefits Overview
- 2020 Health Premiums and Allowances
- 6 Things to Remember for Open Enrollment
Visit the link below to access BCC's online Open Enrollment site:
Medical Insurance Information
- Anthem Blue Cross (1-800-967-3015)
The City of Merced's Medical plans are administered by Anthem Blue Cross. Below, you can view an overview of each plan being offered during the 2019 plan year, and additional services offered through Anthem.
- Medical Core Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Medical Buy-Up Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Medical Core Plan Evidence of Coverage
- Medical Buy-Up Plan Evidence of Coverage
- Web Overview
- How to Read your EOB
- Find a Doctor Online!
- Skip the ER
- Preventive Health - Take Care of Yourself!
- Preventive Health Guidelines
- Future Moms Program
- Asthma ConditionCare Program
- Diabetes ConditionCare Program
- Musculoskeletal ConditionCare Program
- Special Offers
- LiveHealth Psychology
- LiveHealth Online
- LiveHealth Online FAQ
- How to register for Live Health Online
Prescription Medication benefits
- Express Scripts (1-800-711-0917)
Prescription benefits are bundled with your Medical Plan election. Prescription benefits are administered by Express Scripts. Below are some links to access Express Scripts' website and services.
- Prescription Core Benefits at a Glance
- Prescription Buy-Up Benefits at a Glance
- 2020 National Preferred Formulary
- National Preferred Formulary Exclusions List
- 2020 Express Scripts Advantage Plus Rx Program
- Express Scripts Mobile App
- Prescription Home Delivery
- www.starthomedelivery.com - Link to Express Scripts' Mail order Pharmacy Service
Effective January 1st, 2019, employees will have the opportunity to get access to the best surgeons without the worry of medical bills through Carrum Health. Carrum is a special surgery benefit that provides exclusive access to facilities and doctors that provide an improved patient experience, high quality of care, and zero out-of-pocket costs. With Carrum Health, you get expertly paired with highly qualified surgeons so you can get back to your life faster. Below are Carrum Health documents with additional details and FAQ’s to help inform you of this new benefit.
- Carrum Health
- Carrum - A New Way to get Surgery
- Carrum Did You Know
- Carrum What To Expect
- Carrum Frequently Asked Questions
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Benefit Coordinators Corporation (1-800-685-6100) - FSA Debit Card Portal
A Flexible Spending Account is a tax-advantaged program offered by the City of Merced that allows employees to pay for approved health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. The City offers two FSA programs: Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care Assistance Program. The City of Merced's FSA program is administered by Benefit Coordinators Corporation (BCC). You submit your health and dependent care claims to BCC and, upon approval, BCC will send you a reimbursement check in the amount of your approved claim. You even have an option to sign up for Direct Deposit with BCC and your approved claims will be sent directly to your bank account.
View the information below for more information on the City of Merced's Flexible Spending programs.
- FSA Debit Card Convenience
- FSA Debit Card FAQ
- FSA Brochure
- FSA Eligible Expenses
- What you need to Submit Health Care Expenses
- What you need to Submit Dependent Care Expenses
- FSA Reimbursement Form
- FSA Direct Deposit Enrollment Form
- Additional Debit Card Request Form
- My SmartCare Portal User Instructions
- Why Should I Use My SmartCare Self-Serve
- Your Flexible Spending Account
- Delta Dental (1-888-335-8227)
The City of Merced's Dental plan is through CSAC-EIA and administered by Delta Dental. Two plans are being offered for the 2019 calendar year. The Core plan offers benefits up to $1,000 per calendar year, and the Buy-Up plan offers benefits up to $1,500 per calendar year. Below you will find information on the plan and links to Delta Dental resources.
Delta Dental will not send ID cards to members. Below is a PDF from Delta Dental titled "Delta Dental Mobile App" that you can review to access your dental benefits information and an electronic copy of your ID card.
- Delta Dental Core Plan Summary
- Delta Dental Core Plan Evidence of Coverage
- Delta Dental Buy-Up Plan Summary
- Delta Dental Buy Up Plan Evidence of Coverage
- Delta Dental Mobile App
- Smiles All Around
- Find a Dentist
- Coordinating Two Plans
- Amplifon Hearing Health Care
- QualSight Lasik
- VSP (1-800-877-7195)
The City of Merced has Vision Service Plan (VSP) for vision benefits. Documents can be found below for the Core and Buy-Up options.
- VSP Core Plan Summary
- VSP Buy-Up Plan Summary
- VSP Eyeconic Benefit
- VSP Choice Providers
- VSP Smartphone App
- VSP - What do your eyes say about you?
- VSP $20 Coupon for Frames
- VSP Tru Hearing Program
- TruHearing Hearing Aid Discount Program
- VSP Annual Notification of Grievance Processes
Life and Disability Benefits
Life and AD&D
The City of Merced's group Life & AD&D insurance benefit is administered by Voya Financial through CSAC-EIA (1-800-955-7736). The basic life policy provides up to $50,000 of your annual salary. As an employee you can buy up to an additional $100,000 of coverage for yourself, $50,000 of coverage for your spouse, and $10,000 for dependent children. A copy of the Life Insurance Summary is below.
The City of Merced's group Disability benefit is administered by Voya through CSAC-EIA (1-800-955-7736). Disability plans are designed to cover your income in the event you become sick or injured and are unable to work. It covers a percentage of your income up to a maximum benefit amount and begins after a waiting period of 30 or 60 days. The disability plan offered by the City is a blended short-term/long-term plan. You can find a copy of the Disability Income Insurance Summary below.
Short Term Disability
The Short Term Disability plan starts after the waiting period has been satisfied and pays a weekly benefit of 60% to $600/wk. ($2,600/month). As an Employee, you have the opportunity to purchase a benefit up to 66.67% to $1,650/wk ($7,150/month).
Long Term Disability
If you continue to be disabled following the 180 days, you are automatically assigned a Long Term Disability Benefit. This benefit is paid on a monthly basis and covers 60% of your monthly salary to a maximum of $2,500/mo. As an Employee, you have the opportunity to purchase an additional amount up to 66.67% to $7,000/mo.
CAPF (Fire) Disability
The City of Merced's Firefighters group disability benefit is provided by the California Association of Professional Firefighters (CAPF). Disability plans are designed to cover your income in the event you become sick or injured and are unable to work. It covers a percentage of your income up to a maximum benefit amount and begins after a waiting period of 30 days. The disability plan offered by the City is a blended short-term/long-term plan. You can find a copy of the CAPF Features and Benefits Summary below.
The disability plan starts after the waiting period has been satisfied and pays a benefit of 80% of wages for non-industrial disability and 70% of wages for industrial disability up to $10,000 per month.
Life and AD&D Documents
- Life and AD&D Insurance Summary
- Employee Life Insurance Buy-Up Rates Sheet
- Dependent Spouse & Children Life Insurance Buy-Up Rates Sheet
- Life and AD&D Evidence of Coverage