Please call (209) 385-6298 for more leisure class information or register at the Parks & Community Services Office at 632 W. 18th Street.
Uechi Ryu Karate (Ages 6 & up)
Uechi Ryu karate is a traditional Okinawan martial art with roots in Southern Chinese Kung Fu. With over 25 years of Martial Arts experience, Sensei Scott Lemberger emphasizes practical self defense combined with philosophical tenets of honesty, integrity, discipline and respect.
- Cost: $45/month
- Dates: Mondays and Thursdays
- I (ages 6-12): 5:30-6:30pm
- II (ages 13 & up): 6:45-8:00pm
- Location: Rossotti Ed-Zoo-Cation Center
Danzan Ryu Jujitsu (Ages 18 & up)
Danzan Ryu Jujitsu is an ancient and extremely effective martial art: the mother art of many modern martial disciplines and sports. It includes a comprehensive array of techniques such as strikes, throws, joint locks and breaks, escapes from holds, use of and defense against weaponry (both ancient and modern).
Jujitsu relies not on the strength and size of the practitioner, but rather on a sense of timing and distance and the ability to perform the technique smoothly and by reflex. This ancient art is physically demanding.
- Days/Times: Mondays & Wednesdays 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Session Dates: Ongoing, Adults Only
- Instructor: Jeff Doyle (2nd degree blackbelt)
- Fee: $35/ 6 week session
- Location: Golden Valley High School Wrestling Room, 2121 E. Childs Ave.