No need to wait for Spring Clean-Up to dispose of your bulky items. The City of Merced’s has opened a bulky item drop-off site to aid our residential customers throughout the year. The City of Merced Hwy 59 Site is located at the corner of North Hwy 59 and Yosemite Ave. Hours of Operation are Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM and the 1st Saturday of the Month from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (days and hours may change depending on operation needs)
- Check in with City staff upon arrival.
- Staff will check your residential service verification, 2 forms of proof are needed.
- Driver’s license or ID card
- Utility Bill. Acceptable utility bills are: City of Merced Water/Sewer/Garbage; PG&E; MID.
- City staff will check the items and direct you to each station needed.
** Please drive slow while on the site, 5 MPH, and no using you cell phone **
- Passenger/Pickup Tires, Up to 5
- Metal / Appliances
- Propane / Helium Tanks with the Valve removed
Not Accepted Items:
- General Household Waste
- Green Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Liquids of any kind
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste is defined as any leftover household product that can catch fire, react, or explode under certain circumstances, or that are corrosive or toxic.
Items such as fluorescent light tubes/bulbs, paints, cleaners, oils, batteries, antifreeze and pesticides are some of the more commonly known household hazardous wastes.
To find out which Items are accepted every day, collection event days or for any questions regarding disposal of Household Hazardous Waste, please call the Merced County Regional Waste Management Authority at 209-723-4481 or check out their website.