Click the links below to view rates for commercial and residential customers, including landfill charges. For more information or for refuse assistance please call the Public Works Department at (209) 385-6800.
Comparison of rates from 2012 - 2020 for refuse, recycling, and green waste:
- 2012 thru 2014 - $31.22
- 2015 - $32.30
- 2016 - $33.44
- 2017 - $34.61
- 2018 - $35.82
- 2019 - $37.08
- 2020 - $44.49
For Landfill information or charges please visit:
Public Notice for the proposed solid waste rate modification was mailed with a public hearing set for Monday, March 2, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 678 West 18th Street. The Public Notice, that can also be found below, contains the reason for the proposed rate increase, the basis for the proposed rate increase and the majority protest procedures.
The proposed rates are analyzed in more detail in the "City of Merced Service Rate Study," and prepared by R3 Consulting Group, Inc. and are on file with the City Clerk's Office or the presentation can be viewed on the December 2nd, 2019 City Council Meeting.
- 2020 Commercial Refuse Rates Eff. JULY 1 2020
- 2019 Commercial Refuse Rates Eff. Jan 1 2019
- 2020 Residential Refuse Rates Eff. July 1 2020
- 2019 Residential Refuse Rates Eff. Jan 1 2019
- Public Notice for Proposed Rate Increase to Solid, Organic Waste and Recycling Rates
- Public Notice for Proposed Rates (SPANISH)
- Public Notice for Proposed Rates (HMONG)