2020 Spring Clean Up
Due to the COVID-19 emergency our 2020 Spring Clean-Up event has been postponed. We will mail fliers to residents with new dates.
To Participate in the Spring Clean Up program you must have proof that you are a City of Merced Refuse Customer. You must show your Driver’s License and a recent utility bill with the same name.
Acceptable bills include:
- your City of Merced Garbage bill
- PG&E or MID electric bill
Items that are Accepted:
- Home appliances & metal items.
- E-Waste such as: TV’s, Computers, and Electronic equipment.
- Passenger or pickup tires only. NO MORE THAN 9 TIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please remove rim from the tire.
- Reminder: No tires over 24.5” such as tractor or semi-truck tires.
- Lawnmowers, weed eaters, and edgers with NO gas or oil in the tank.
- Propane tanks with the nozzle REMOVED.
- Treated lumber, including creosote poles and railroad ties (no commercial sources).
- Brush/Shrubs bundled and no longer than 3 feet in length.
- Used Bicycles will be collected and donated to local charities.
- please donate cleaned, gently used clothes and other usable items to local charities.
- Please separate the above items from waste for easy access.
- This program is only for City of Merced residential customers with active refuse accounts.
- Those who receive refuse service in Merced County will be turned away.
- Items must be off-loaded into a container - NOT on the ground.
- Remember that you must be able to off-load your items, some stations do not have a staff member to assist you.
Items that are Not Accepted:
- No Household Hazardous Waste.
- Such as: batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, bio-medical waste, and other hazardous materials.
- No LIQUIDS of any kind.
- This includes oil and/or gas inside of any equipment.
- No construction or contractor debris.
- No trailers longer than 12 feet in length or large cargo trucks (Such as U-haul).
- No dumping debris on the ground.
- No tires larger then 24.5”.
- Tractor or semi-truck Tires are not accepted.
- No loose brush.
Spring Cleanup Site Locations
City of Merced Residents may take discards to either location, at the Parsons Ave Parking lot of the Golden Valley High School or the P12 Parking lot of Merced College.
Items may be brought in a car, truck, van, or a trailer no longer than 12 feet in length.
Please do not drop off items when the sites are closed.
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Information
The following Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is accepted daily at the Highway 59 Landfill, 7040 N. Highway 59, at no cost from residents only (not businesses):
Antifreeze, Batteries (automotive and household batteries), Electronics, Fluorescent tubes & CFLs, Latex liquid paint, Mercury-containing thermostats, Used motor oil/filters. Hours of operation at the Highway 59 Landfill are Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.; Saturday: 8 a.m. – noon; (Closed Sundays and holidays).
Other types of Household Hazardous Waste are accepted at the landfill during Quarterly HHW Collection Events only. The next event is on Saturday, April 11th and July 18th. For more information please call 209-723-4481 ext. 224.
Assisted Spring Clean-Up
If you are currently on our Assisted Refuse Service, or would like to see if you qualify for assistance, please contact our office to discuss the requirements and limitations for removal at (209) 385-6800 no later than Friday April 17th at 4:30 p.m.
Please call the Public Work office at (209) 385-6800.
Our office hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Si gustaria informacion sobre limpieza de primavera en Espanol por favor llame al (209) 385-6800.
Yog koj xav paub ntxiv txog Spring Cleanup, thov hu rau (209) 385-6800.