The Mayor and Council Members work together as a team, representing all Merced constituents, in order to make Merced a city which:
- Maintains a high quality of life for its citizens;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and approach in dealing with all segments of the community;
- Shows sensitivity and awareness of community needs and issues;
- Respects the diversity of its community;
- Develops creative and affordable solutions and alternatives to meet community needs;
- Is service-oriented, efficient, and progressive in its approach to problem resolution and use of resources;
- Offers economic development opportunities beneficial to its citizens;
- Maximizes teamwork and encourages individual involvement and personal growth, so that the community achieves its goals and contributes to society as a whole; and,
- Creates and maintains an enjoyable atmosphere in which to live and work.
For information regarding Merced City Council Administrative Policies and Procedures, Rules of Order, and Code of Conduct, please click the link below:
City Council Administrative Policies, Rules of Order, and Code of Conduct
City Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file Statements of Economic Interests (Form 700) with the City Clerk's Office. Copies of the Statements of Economic Interests filed by the above-elected officers may be obtained by visiting the offices of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) or the Office of the Merced City Clerk.
The physical address of the FPPC is 1102 "Q" Street, Suite 3000, Sacramento, California 95811. The City Clerk's Office is located at 678 West 18th Street, Merced, CA 95340, on the first floor.
The Statements of Economic Interests for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPPC's website at http://www.fppc.ca.gov/.