City of Merced Home Page
Low Graphics VersionMon., Mar 30, 2015
About The City
City Departments
City Services Online
Common Questions
Contact Us
Photographic Collage
Welcome to the City of Merced
Homepage > City Departments > Finance > Frequently Asked QuestionsE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Like this post? share it...  Share on TwitterShare on MySpace
I want to report a water leak
During business hours please call 209-385-6800.  After hours please call the Police Department non-emergency number, 209-385-6912.
My trash can was missed today, who do I call?
Please call the Public Works office at 209-385-6800.  Office hours are Monday thru Friday from 7:30 to 4:30.
What are the hours for the Finance department counter?
The Finance counter and the Civic Center are open from 10 AM to 5 PM Monday thru Friday.      
When am I billed for my utility services and when are my payments due?
Utility bills are mailed monthly to City of Merced residents and payments are due upon receipt of the bill.  

The City has been divided into two billing cycles.  If you receive your bill at the beginning of the month then your payment is due by the 20th of each month.  If you receive your bill in the middle of the month then your payment is due by the 5th of each month.

How do I pay my City utility bill with a credit card?
Yes.  You can call 209-388-7289 to use our automated system.  The system can also fax you a payment and billing history if requested. 

You can also sign up for a PIN number and access your account on line and pay with your credit card.
How do I pay a City utility bill online?
Yes.  By signing up for a PIN number you can pay your utility bill on line.  Follow the link below.
How do I pay my property taxes online?
You would need to contact the County Tax Collector at 209-385-7592.

You can pay on-line by following the link below.
I have a complaint about my water, sewer, refuse bill.
Please contact the Finance Department at 209-385-6841 or by e-mail at
I would like to have my utility payments automatically taken out of my checking account.
You can sign up for Bank drafting by filling out the Bank Draft Form and returning it to us with a voided check.
My water bill is wrong.
Please contact the Finance Department at 209-385-6841.  We will be happy to assist with any questions you might have.
I want to contest a Parking Ticket

Submit a written letter, or a completed copy of the “Request for Administrative Review – Investigation of Parking Violation", with supporting documentation, such as pictures, drawings, etc. detailing the appeal, within 21 days of the citation's issue date.

Send all letters and documentation to: 

City of Merced
Citation Processing Center
PO Box 10479
Newport Beach, Ca  92658-0479

The processing center can be reached by calling 1-800-989-2058 or their website at 

The "penalty clock" stops until the citation is reviewed. There will be no additional penalties assessed during the review period. No appeals will be accepted after the citation liens

I want a copy of the city budget
You can print a copy of the budget from the following link or you can obtain a copy at the Civic Center at the City Clerk's office.

Show all Categories
translation powered by

Google Disclaimer City of Merced Disclaimers
Copyright © 2000 - 2015 City of Merced, CA 95340
Web Mail
Powered byCivica Software