Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • How do I pay my City utility bill with a credit card?

    You can call 209-388-7289 to use our automated system. The system can also fax you a payment and billing history if requested.

    You can also make a one time payment or sign up for an account at Municipal Services On-Line.

  • How do I pay a City utility bill online?

    You can make a one time payment or sign up for an account at Municipal Services On-Line.

  • My water bill is wrong

    Please contact the Finance Department by calling at 209-385-6841 or you can e-mail us at

    We will be happy to assist with any questions you might have.

  • I want a copy of the city budget

    You can print a copy of the budget from this link or you can obtain a copy at the Civic Center at the City Clerk's office.

  • I want to report a water leak

    During business hours please call 209-385-6800. After hours please call the Police Department non-emergency number, 209-385-6912.

  • My trash can was missed today, who do I call?

    Please call the Public Works office at 209-385-6800. Office hours are Monday thru Friday from 7:30 to 4:30.

  • What are the hours for the Finance department counter?

    The Finance counter and the Civic Center are open from 9 AM to 5 PM Monday thru Friday.

  • How do I pay my property taxes online?

    You would need to contact the County Tax Collector at 209-385-7592.

    You can pay on-line here.

  • I have a complaint about my water, sewer, refuse bill

    Please contact the Finance Department at 209-385-6841 or by e-mail at

  • I would like to have my utility payments automatically taken out of my checking account.

    You can sign up for Bank drafting by filling out the Bank Draft Form and returning it to us with a voided check.

  • I want to contest a Parking Ticket

    Submit a written letter, or a completed copy of the “Request for Administrative Review – Investigation of Parking Violation", with supporting documentation, such as pictures, drawings, etc. detailing the appeal, within 21 days of the citation's issue date.

    You can either appeal on line at or by sending the information to the address below.

    Send all letters and documentation to:

    City of Merced
    Citation Processing Center
    PO Box 10479
    Newport Beach, Ca 92658-0479

    The processing center can be reached by calling 1-800-989-2058 or their website at

    The "penalty clock" stops until the citation is reviewed. There will be no additional penalties assessed during the review period. No appeals will be accepted after the citation liens

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer