City of Merced Home Page
Low Graphics VersionWed., Apr 1, 2015
About The City
City Departments
City Services Online
Common Questions
Contact Us
Photographic Collage
Welcome to the City of Merced
Homepage > Common Questions > Questions and AnswersE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Like this post? share it...  Share on TwitterShare on MySpace
Inspection Services
When and how do I arrange for an inspection?
You will need an inspection prior to demolition of the structure. The City Inspector verifies that all utilities and water and sewer facilities are disconnected. A final inspection is required after all demolition and final clean-up have been completed.

Call the Inspection Services recorder at 723-2489 to request an inspection. Please refer to the Interactive Voice Recsponse (IVR)brochure when calling for an inspection.

When is a demolition permit required?
Before demolition of any structure, a demolition permit must be obtained from the Inspection Services. The applicant can also choose to contact the Fire Department to obtain permit through the "Structure Abatement Program". Demolition Permit forms are available at the Inspection Services counter.
When is disabled access required?
If alterations or structural repairs, change of occupancy, change of use, or additions are made to an existing building, the building is required to comply with all the diabled access code requirements for a new building.  Required disabled access areas include, but are not limited to:
  • entrances to the building or facility and the primary path of travel to the specific area of alteration, structural repair, addition, or change of use/occupancy.
  • sanitary facilities, drinking fountains, and public telephones serving the area.
Show all Categories
translation powered by

Google Disclaimer City of Merced Disclaimers
Copyright © 2000 - 2015 City of Merced, CA 95340
Web Mail
Powered byCivica Software